A national security industry association and approved security industry association for security providers, providing industry education, compliance and business services.
We have been providing friendly, helpful support to our members for over 50 years.
Membership is available to all security service providers throughout Australia. In today’s highly regulated security industry it is imperative for licence holders’ to fully understand their compliance obligations, achieving and maintaining compliance and being able to dedicate the time and resources to the growth of their business.
As a member of SPAAL you have access to a number of benefits and special offers which will help move your business forward.
· Business templates, policies and other publications
· Online store for the purchase of security equipment and products
· Alarm Monitoring Centre Certification Scheme
· Compliance Inspection Scheme
· Latest industry news and information from the SPAAL website
· Regular updates on licensing and regulatory changes
· Updates on workplace relations, health and safety and other compliance issues
· Award pay rates and schedules updates
· Member Area with a range of industry information, business forms and templates
· Promotion of SPAAL members to consumers
· Business listing on the SPAAL website member directory for corporate members
· Advocacy to Federal and State Governments on industry issues
· Development of standards, codes and best practice guidelines
· Continuing Professional Development program
The latest updates in the Security Industry
An overview of common business practices in the security industry that may create payroll tax problems in NSW. Learn how […]
South-Australian based security company Agile Group (Global) Pty Ltd (Agile Group (Global)) and its chief operating officer, have been prosecuted […]
The Fair Work Ombudsman has commenced legal action against an Adelaide-based company that provides nightclub and event security services around […]
The Federal Government is proposing to introduce a single national framework for labour hire regulation, which could be implemented in […]
The Office of Fair Trading now accepts the Provide first aid (HLTAID011) as ongoing first aid training for crowd controllers […]
Following the Annual Wage Review 2023, the Fair Work Commission has increased award minimum wages by 5.75%. The changes apply […]