The Australian Government has passed the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Secure Jobs, Better Pay) Act 2022. This legislation introduces new workplace laws and changes a range of existing rules.
Some of these changes started on 7 December 2022, while others start later.
The new laws and rules relate to:
- prohibiting pay secrecy and job ads that contravene the Fair Work Act
- flexible work and fixed term contracts
- anti-discrimination and prohibiting workplace sexual harassment
- unpaid parental leave changes
- enterprise agreements and enterprise bargaining
- equal remuneration and establishing expert panels
- changes to the small claims process
- abolition of the Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) and the Registered Organisations Commission (ROC).
We have more information on our website: Secure Jobs, Better Pay: Changes to Australian workplace laws.